"Come for the weight loss, stay for the wellness!"
That's our unofficial slogan around here. Of course, we want you to lose body fat on our program, but our real goal is "health gain" and fat loss just happens to be a nice side effect!
Insulin Resistance/Metabolic Syndrome
Insulin Resistance (a.k.a. Metabolic Syndrome) is a common condition that causes chronic diseases in those eating high-carb diets.
Insulin resistance is the most prevalent medical condition in the world. It is estimated that between 60-80% of adults are afflicted and many of them do not even realize it.
Insulin resistance has been linked to obesity, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, dementia, PCOS, GERD, IBS, fatty liver, and many cancers.
How Healthy Are You?
If you have 3 or more of the 5 markers in the red zone, you likely suffer from insulin resistance and could almost certainly benefit from adopting a low-carb lifestyle.
By eating a keto diet, you should always be moving in the direction from red to yellow to green in all 5 of the areas outlines below:
- HDL-C lower than 40 mg/dL (2.1 mmol/L)
- Triglycerides higher than 150 mg/dL (8.3 mmol/L
- Blood Glucose: A1C higher than 6.7% (diabetes/pre-diabetes)
- Blood Pressure: Systolic above 130 mmHg **OR **Diastolic above 85 mmHg
- Visceral Fat: Danger Zone Body Circumference: Greater than 0.55 x height
- HDL-C between 41-59 mg/dL (2.2-3.2 mmol/L)
- Triglycerides between 61-149 mg/dL (3.4-8.2 mmol/L)
- Blood Glucose: A1C between 5.3-6.7%
- Blood Pressure: Systolic between 121-129 mmHgAND/OR Diastolic between 81-84 mmHg
- Visceral Fat: Tolerable Body Circumference: Between 0.45 - 0.55 x height
- HDL-C higher than 60 mg/dL (3.3 mmol/L)
- Triglycerides lower than 60 mg/dL (3.3 mmol/L
- Blood Glucose: A1C lower than 5.3%
- Blood Pressure: Systolic between 90-120 mmHg AND Diastolic between 60-80 mmHg
- Visceral Fat: Healthy Body Circumference: Less than 0.45 x height
Common benefits associated with the low-carb lifestyle are:
More energy and increased physical endurance
Improved mental focus and better sleep
Helps with acid reflux, leaky gut, and IBS
Reduced blood sugar and insulin levels
Reduced inflammation and less joint pain
Normalizes blood pressure
Raises HDL (the good cholesterol)
Manages your appetite by regulating your hunger hormones
The sooner you realize that saturated fat isn't the enemy, the sooner you will be on the path to better health. Check out The Truth About Cholesterol.
The KetoCode Commandments
11 practical guidelines that will help you achieve SAFE, SUSTAINABLE, FAT LOSS