What the Hell-th?Aug 23, 2017
There's a new documentary on Netflix that I certainly DO NOT recommend you watch.
If it was a school project... the teacher would have flunked the knuckleheads who made the film because they obviously made stuff up to support many of their claims.
Normally, I wouldn't even make a post to bring any attention to this steaming pile of 💩 💩 💩...
but it's on Netflix, so a lot of people are watching it...
and since many of my FB friends know I am a huge proponent of the ketogenic diet...
I get asked about it often.
Now I'll simply reply with the words "pure vegan propaganda" and a link to this post.
To be fair... I haven't even watched the film and I have no plans to.
I watched the trailer and that was enough to get me to want to throw something at my TV.
I considered cancelling my Netflix subscription in protest, but there are too many other great Netflix shows I love so I can't let this one piece of shit mockumentary rob me from enjoying House of Cards and Orange is the New Black.
So in the interest of fairness... I can't review a film I haven't watched.
Instead... I've just aggregated a few reviews I've read:
- The Bulletproof Coffee guy responds to the top 10 claims made in the film.
- Science-based Medicine calls it "A Movie With an Agenda"
- Well respected paleo blogger Robb Wolf shares his thoughts.
- Journalist and author Nina Teicholz tracked down every source they cited in the film and determined 96% of them weren't supported by the data.
- Even this vegan dietician wrote "Repeated blunders and bad science make What the Health impossible to recommend"
- A point by point review
- Here's another point of view
- The film on Netflix mischaracterizes what we know about food and disease
If you still want to watch it... I can't stop you, but as an alternative... I suggest watching this hour long lecture by Dr. Gary Fetke "The Role of Nutrition in Everything" instead:
If you have anything to add... message me on Facebook.
Join The 7-Day Keto Kickstart
The Keto Code's™ FREE 7-Day Kickstart will show you:
- Why a well-formulated ketogenic diet is the healthiest, most effective, and tastiest way to lose body fat and keep it off for good
- The best way to get started including how to beat "The Keto Flu"
- Why counting calories is not an effective strategy for long term weight loss
- The truth about cholesterol and heart disease
- How and why the low-carb lifestyle is different from and superior to, all other diets
This mini-course also includes:
- A 20-minute Kickstart Coaching Call (a $97 value)
- A 1-week meal plan + some of my favorite Keto recipes
- Ketology's Grocery Shopping Guide
- Our Keto Cheatsheet
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.